5 Facts You Should Know About Hygiene
World Toilet Day, held annually on November 19th, aims to draw global attention to the importance of accessible toilets and their role in improving hygiene and health around the world.The day was observed by united nations Held since 2013. The theme for 2022 is “Make the invisible visible”.
The central message of World Toilet Day 2022 is that safely managed sanitation protects groundwater from human waste contamination.
Inadequate sanitation systems spread human waste into the soil of rivers and lakes, contaminating critical water resources.
Saturday’s world toilet day It’s an opportunity to draw attention to the importance of having access to safely managed sanitation facilities. https://t.co/RRwWndNejM via @UN_Water pic.twitter.com/xuCvm0a9mq
— United Nations (@UN) November 19, 2022
5 facts to know about World Toilet Day 2022
- Safe sanitation protects groundwater. Toilets that are well-placed and connected to a safely managed sanitation system to collect, treat and dispose of human waste and help prevent it from dispersing into groundwater.
- Poor sanitation increases the risk of malnutrition and disease, especially for women and children.
- More people in the world have access to mobile phones than toilets.
- According to the United Nations, 3.6 billion people live without access to safely managed sanitation.
- As part of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, the United Nations wants to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
READ | Sperm counts are plummeting worldwide, including India, new study finds
https://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-world-toilet-day-2022-5-facts-you-need-to-know-about-sanitation-november-19-3003579 5 Facts You Should Know About Hygiene