Update: Jalisco Tsunami Warning Issued
For subscribers, Please login to your dashboard To keep up with the latest developments from Earthquake. Our servers are flooded with people looking for information, which can slow page loads. Dashboards give you quick access to the information you need.
An earthquake was recorded in Puerto Vallarta at 1:05 PM this afternoon
Tentatively, a magnitude of 6.8 was handled south of Coalcomán, Michoacan, but the National Seismology updated the quake’s severity to 7.4, felt along the Mexican coast.
The Jalisco Civil Protection Authority notes that surveillance and tours are already in place to rule out possible damage and impacts within the state. So far, Jalisco doesn’t seem to have suffered much.
A tsunami warning has been issued for the coast of Jalisco, with tsunami waves that could reach up to 80 cm along the state’s coastline, according to SkyAlert. Tsunamis below 1 meter typically pose a risk only to people swimming and boats in harbor at the time, but not enough to damage the coast. However, stay informed during tsunami warnings. .
Mexican President Andrés Mauel López Obrador provided initial information and said:
The earthquake, recorded on the exact same day as the 1985 and 2017 earthquakes, killed and damaged thousands in Mexico City and the surrounding area. Today’s earthquake occurred just 40 minutes after the scheduled Puerto Vallarta and nationwide earthquake drills.
The governor of Jalisco commented on his social networks that security officials and civil protection and firefighters are conducting appropriate assessments across the state.
“We are fully cooperating with each base, police station, and local government. So far, there have been no serious damages or injuries. As a precaution, classes are canceled during the night shift.”
SUBSCRIBE HERE Receive newsletters, access exclusive content, read news ad-free, and more!
PVDN Trending News
- A 7.4 quake shook Puerto Vallarta in the state of Michoacan.Tsunami warning issued UPDATE: JALISCO Tsunami Warning Issued If you’re a subscriber, please log into your dashboard to get the latest earthquake information. Our servers are flooded with people looking for information, which can slow page loads. Get quick access to the information you need…
- Puerto Vallarta Participates in National Earthquake Exercise Today In a nationwide drill, National Protection Day is commemorated by the September 19th earthquake. Update: Just after today’s earthquake drill, a magnitude 7.4 earthquake hit the state of Michoacán, shaking Puerto her Vallarta. Read the latest update on hypothetical earthquakes greater than magnitude 8…
- Ukraine says Mexico’s peace plan is meant to help Russia regroup for new attacks Next Tuesday, the general debates of the 77th session of the United Nations General Assembly will begin in New York. Here, leaders and heads of state from 170 nations discuss the planet’s most pressing issues. The President of Mexico has been appointed to the General Assembly as Mexico’s representative, and the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Marcelo Ebraldo, plans to …
- Double Strike: Two Potential Tropical Storms Expected To Bring Heavy Rain To Puerto Vallarta Two potential tropical storms could bring heavy rain, wind and waves to Puerto Vallarta over the weekend and early next week. These rainfall events can raise water levels in rivers and streams, causing landslides and low-lying flooding.
- Fuel tanker capsized in Puerto Vallarta, nearing Route 200 Miraculously, no explosion occurred and no injuries were reported. Several buildings, including a private hospital, were evacuated due to the danger of explosion. A heavy mobilization of emergency services was reported in Puerto Vallarta on Sunday morning after documenting the overturning of a tanker laden with fuel on a road connecting tourists…
https://www.vallartadaily.com/7-4-earthquake-in-michoacan-shakes-puerto-vallarta/ A 7.4 quake shook Puerto Vallarta in the state of Michoacan.Tsunami warning issued