Hollie Dance, the mother of Archie Battersbee, stood outside the hospital after doctors turned off her son’s life support machine and called herself “the proudest mother in the world”. We fought to the end,” he added.
The Christian Concern Group said the child’s family felt “devastated” after exhausting all legal avenues to maintain the child’s ventilatory support in a London hospital. rice field.
The 12-year-old boy, whose case received significant media attention, was found unconscious and tied up with rope by his mother on 7 April at his home in Southend, Essex (South East England). Discovered. His head believes he may have had an accident when participating in the viral challenge.
The challenge caused severe brain damage and he fell into a coma.
In recent months, families have blocked the Royal London Hospital, where the minor was admitted, from removing the ventilator as the health department wanted, given the lack of chance of recovery. sought legal action.
After several appeals to British courts and intervention by the European Court of Human Rights, the family recently decided to take Archie from hospital to hospice so he could die here, away from the noise. I tried to allow it, but it was unsuccessful. of Royal London.
A last-ditch effort in this direction was exhausted last night after the European Court of Human Rights indicated that the hospice transfer case was “out of scope” for its jurisdiction.
The hospital argued that putting Archie in hospice was dangerous, as the slightest movement of the body could make the boy’s condition worse.
A spokesman for Christian Concern, a group that supports Archie’s family, admitted that “all legal routes have been exhausted”, saying that relatives are “broken” but children and “precious moments”. He admitted that he spent
During the trial, the British judge reiterated that continuing to provide the boy with essential support was “against his best interests”.
London High Court Family Division Judge Lucy Tice emphasized the family’s “unconditional love and devotion” in denying transfer to hospice, hoping the child would have a chance to die in peace. “With his family.”
This is the latest case in the UK where a doctor’s decision went against the family’s wishes. Under British law, courts often intervene when parents and doctors disagree about the treatment of their children. In such cases, the best interests of the child take precedence over the parent’s right to decide what is best for the child.
SUBSCRIBE HERE Receive newsletters and Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive PVDN content, and enjoy this site with less ads for just $25 USD per year! (0.06 cents per day)
Hot topics on PVDN
- 7 Jalisco police officers arrested in 3 kidnappings The Jalisco Public Prosecutor’s Office arrested seven police officers on suspicion of kidnapping two men and a woman from a restaurant, but they disappeared after city officials intervened. According to ministry reports, an agent in the city of La Barca was recently arrested…
- 22-year-old Mexican woman faces seven years in prison for killing rapist in self-defense Roxana Ruiz Santiago carefully peers out before opening the door. She is less than five feet tall and wears blue jeans and a hand-embroidered white blouse that contrasts with her brown skin. She has big eyes and long black hair. She wears braids and has a smile on her face. 22 years old she…
- Increased security measures in Puerto Vallarta district The Prevention Police and Municipal Roads Commissioner continues surveillance activities in various neighborhoods of Puerto Vallarta with the aim of increasing the police presence in areas with high crime rates. For this reason, operations are being conducted under the command of the supervisor of the … using elements of the operational area tactical group.
- Mexican agency probes accusation of segregating customers by skin color at Sonora Grill Fine-dining restaurant chain Sonora Grill Group has been exposed to the eye of the hurricane. The accusations began at the restaurant chain’s location on Presidente Masaryk Street in the Polanco district, one of the capital’s most exclusive locations.
- Tropical Storm Howard is forecast to hit the coast of Puerto Vallarta on Monday At 10:00 AM Central Mexico Time, Tropical Storm Nine-E formed over the Pacific Ocean. This is expected to continue to build into Tropical Storm Howard. Tropical Storm Nine-E is located approximately 575 kilometers south-southwest of Punta San Telmo, Michoacan and 640 kilometers south of Manzanillo, Colima. The system moves parallel to Mexico…
https://www.vallartadaily.com/archie-battersbee-the-british-boy-who-suffered-injuries-and-slipped-into-a-coma-doing-a-social-media-challenge-has-died/ Archie Battersby, a British boy who fell into a coma after being injured during a social media challenge, has died