(KRON) — Authorities are warning residents a couple of bear sighting Sunday night, the Novato Police Division (NPD) introduced. A mom bear and two cubs had been reported to be within the space of Miwok Park at 2200 Novato Blvd.
NPD is advising the group to “use excessive warning” when getting into the realm. Police stated to be particularly conscious of locations which are wooden or comprise a lot of brush. Bears are typically afraid of individuals and aggressive conduct is “uncommon,” in response to the California Division of Fish & Wildlife.
When you see a bear, authorities advise you to keep away from it and name 911. Novato police launched an inventory of untamed animal security ideas:
- DO NOT APPROACH a bear if seen, particularly one that’s feeding or with offspring. Most bears will attempt to keep away from confrontation.
- DO NOT RUN. Slowly again away and don’t flip your again on the bear.
- DO NOT LIE DOWN & PLAY DEAD. Combat again if attacked.
- Keep away from mountaineering or jogging by way of wooded areas the place bears are most lively—daybreak, nightfall, or at evening.
- At all times depart an escape route for the bear.
- Maintain a detailed watch on young children when mountaineering or touring in or about wooded areas.
- Make noise and attempt to look greater by waving your arms; throw rocks or different objects; choose up young children.
Miwok Park is positioned within the northwest a part of Novato. It’s close to San Marin Excessive Faculty.