America

Carbon monoxide detectors installed in all rooms – Eye Witness News

The Bahamas, Nassau-Sandals said yesterday that they installed carbon monoxide detectors in all their rooms as part of a comprehensive review of all systems across the resort in Exuma. The destination we do business with. “

“An unimaginable event at Sandals Emerald Bay Resort earlier this month killed three people, including two members of our beloved travel advisor community, and restored a fourth guest.” I read the statement.

“We would like to extend our deepest sympathies to the families of Philips and Chiarella.

[PHOTO: Royston Jones Jr]

“Despite initial speculation, Bahamian authorities have said that the cause is one independent structure that accommodates two separate rooms and has nothing to do with the resort’s air conditioning system, food and beverage services, landscaping services, or fraud. I concluded that it was an isolated case. “.”

Sandals said ensuring the safety and well-being of guests and team members has always been a top priority.

“For this reason, we have taken additional steps, such as hiring an environmental safety expert to comprehensively review the entire resort’s system,” said the resort.

Lobby Phillips and Michael Phillips shot in sandals [Sourced from Robbie’s FB page]

“In addition, the CO detector is currently installed in all rooms in Sandals Emerald Bay and is not required at any destination in the Caribbean, but will be installed in all rooms throughout the portfolio.

“Our entire team keeps the family in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.”

The deceased guests include Robbie and Michael Phillips celebrating the anniversary, and Vincent Chiarello and his wife, Donnis, the only survivors who finally reported a serious condition at a Florida hospital. increase.

Vincent Paul Chiarello (65 years old) (left) and his wife Donis (64 years old) were drawn during their statistics to celebrate the anniversary in the sandals.

Both couples were found unresponsive in two separate villas by resort staff around 9am on May 6th, after reporting illness the night before.

Earlier this month, Prime Minister Philip Brave Davis told Witness News that his thoughts were in a family of three Americans, and premature death was “unhappy and worried,” according to the findings. He said it was the government’s hope that it wasn’t. It hurt national tourism products.

Dr. Michael Durville, Minister of Health and Welfare, who led a team of institutions investigating the dead, said the Bahamas would encourage foreign pathologists from guest families to perform a second autopsy. rice field.

https://ewnews.com/sandals-carbon-monoxide-detectors-have-now-been-installed-in-all-guest-rooms?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=sandals-carbon-monoxide-detectors-have-now-been-installed-in-all-guest-rooms Carbon monoxide detectors installed in all rooms – Eye Witness News

Back to top button