Middle East

Cash bags for Prince Charles’ charity will not be repeated, sources say – Middle East Monitor

Prince Charles will no longer accept the large amount of cash given to him for his philanthropic work, senior royal sources said, newspapers said former Qatar Prime Minister gave him € 3 million ($ 3.2 million). After reporting that they gave, some of them were shopping bags, Reuters Report.

The The Sunday Times The successor to the British throne said he was personally given three lots of cash from Sheikh Hamad Binja Sim Bin Javert Altani between 2011 and 2015.

Charles’ office said the money had been handed over to one of his charities to carry out proper governance and ensure that all the right processes were followed.

“As I said over the weekend, it was immediately handed over to his charity and it was his charity who decided to accept the money. It was their decision. As they confirmed, it was all. I followed the correct process, “a source told reporters, subject to anonymity.

read: The $ 3 million received from Qatar by Prince Charles of the United Kingdom fuels speculation of “cash for access”

“The Prince of Wales is based on advice. The situation, the situation will change over the years. For more than half a year … I’m sure this hasn’t happened and will never happen again.”

The The Sunday Times There was no suggestion that payments were illegal, but the Republic, an anti-monarchy campaign group, said it wrote a letter to the British Charitable Commission to request an investigation.

In November, Prince Charles’ right-hand man, Michael Fawcett, resigned from his role of running one of the major charities of the British royal family a few weeks later. The Sunday Times He said he offered honor in return for the donation.

Police and charity commissions are investigating those claims. A prince’s spokesman previously stated that Charles was unaware of donation-based honors and citizenship offers.



https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20220629-bags-of-cash-for-prince-charless-charities-will-not-be-repeated-source/ Cash bags for Prince Charles’ charity will not be repeated, sources say – Middle East Monitor

Back to top button