It is the foundation of Citi’s globally consistent, long-term and flexible work model, with Singapore included in the first phase of its global expansion.
Citi is ready to globally adopt a new work model that categorizes employees into three roles. This marks the launch of Citi’s globally consistent, long-term and flexible work model, with Citi Singapore being part of the first phase of a planned global launch in 15 countries.
The new way of working will apply to Citi Singapore’s strong total workforce of 8,500 and aims to “maximize support for colleagues while providing excellent service to clients”. HRO.
Under this new model, employees around the world are classified into three globally consistent role designations.
- First, most roles around the world are designated as: hybrid, enabling employees to better manage their work-life balance while experiencing the benefits of being together in person. A colleague in a role designated as Hybrid will have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week for her as needed.
- Secondly, Resident Roles are roles that can only be performed onsite, such as branch-based staff or staff working in a data center. These employees are expected to work full time on site.
- At the end, remote A role is one that, due to the nature of the work, can be performed offsite. Employees with roles tagged as remote roles have the opportunity to work offsite up to five days a week.
In Singapore, the majority of staff are designated as hybrids, which is the primary work schedule for franchises.
Sarab Preet Singh, Head of Human Resources, ASEAN and Singapore, Citi “Designed to meet the unique needs of our diverse workforce, ‘How We Work’ enables all the benefits of working together directly while supporting the overall well-being of our colleagues. It provides an additional opportunity to
Noting the benefits Singh mentioned, Citi’s new way of working is based on the belief that staff are better together because of the many benefits of working together in person.
- affiliation and culture;
- Connectivity and collaboration.
- apprenticeship and learning; and
- Improved competitiveness and performance.
As the statement said, “These benefits are central to enhancing Citi’s culture and the bank’s ability to serve its customers.
https://www.humanresourcesonline.net/citi-singapore-s-new-work-model-classifies-roles-into-hybrid-resident-and-remote Citi Singapore’s new work model divides roles into hybrid, resident and remote