MEXICO CITY, Aug 11 (Reuters) – Mexico’s defense minister said his first attempt to dive deep into a flooded coal mine in northern Mexico, where he had been trapped for a week, was blocked by debris. rice field.
Miners were trapped in a mine in the border state of Coahuila on August 3. Excavation work has caused tunnel walls to collapse, causing flooding in parts of the underground mine.
By Thursday, Mexican authorities were able to dramatically reduce the depth of water, which initially exceeded about 100 feet (30 meters), in a preliminary effort to determine if conditions were safe for rescue operations. Even so, they are having trouble dispatching rescue teams.
Two military divers entered one of three flooded mine shafts Wednesday after miners and rescue professionals made four dives to clear debris, but were unable to fully enter the mine. was.
Defense Minister Luis Crescencio said at a press conference on Thursday that it was “blocked”.
“There’s no space to move forward. There are obstacles… still some wooden boards. Even though we have lights to see inside, we don’t have the visibility we need to identify what we’ve found,” says Cresencio. says Mr.
Crescencio added that authorities will continue efforts to try to enter the mine while ensuring the safety of rescuers. The depths of the three shafts are approximately 30 feet (9 meters), 23 feet (7 meters), and 16 feet (5 meters).
SUBSCRIBE HERE Receive newsletters and Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive PVDN content, and enjoy this site with less ads for just $25 USD per year! (0.06 cents per day)
Hot topics on PVDN
- Criminal gangs set fire to shops, vehicles in Jalisco and Guanajuato Terrorists hit Jalisco and Guanajuato on Tuesday night. The criminals set fire to cars, trucks and businesses in the two states and blocked several roads just after 7 p.m. The riots were a reaction to operations to apprehend local criminals and clashes between criminal gangs and members of the Army. explanation…
- Mexican agency probes accusation of segregating customers by skin color at Sonora Grill Fine-dining restaurant chain Sonora Grill Group has been exposed to the eye of the hurricane. The accusations began at the restaurant chain’s location on Presidente Masaryk Street in the Polanco district, one of the capital’s most exclusive locations.
- Jalisco drug blockade raises US concerns over deteriorating security in Mexico “Seek shelter until further notice.” That was a recommendation to staff at the U.S. Consulate in Guadalajara after a night of terror that unleashed an attempt to arrest the regional leader of the New Generation Cartel (CJNG) in Jalisco. did. A security alert was issued late Tuesday amid the drug blockade, …
- Claims Amber Heard blackmailed Elon Musk into paying Johnny Depp are creepy even for her If there’s the latest report that Amber Heard had a strategic plan to blackmail Elon Musk into paying Johnny Depp the verdict against her, it’s from the actress during her very public spiral. It’s the creepiest thing we’ve seen. After appearing…
- From Coldplay, Maroon 5 to Lady Gaga: Why Mexicans Throw Dr. Simi Dolls at Famous Singers Dr. Simi’s character dancing outside Mexico’s national pharmacy chain is no longer the only viral symbol for similar pharmacies… from Mexico to show love. But it…
https://www.vallartadaily.com/darkness-and-debris-impede-rescue-effort-at-flooded-mexico-mine/ Darkness and Debris Hinder Rescue Efforts at Flooded Mexican Mine