Middle East

Destruction of Kidwa region of Mecca to resume on August 13

Saudi Gazette report

MakkahWork on demolition of properties and clearing of debris in the Kidwa district of Makkah’s Misfara district will resume on August 13, the Makkah Municipality and the Royal Commission for the Holy Land announced.

“As part of the Kidwa redevelopment plan, the evacuation phase of properties subject to demolition and removal of the area has begun. Electricity, water and other utilities will therefore be cut off within days,” said the commissioner. The association said in a statement.

The commission said it will announce venues in the near future that will accommodate property owners affected by the demolition. According to the commission, anyone who needs clarification of questions can contact them by email kidwa@rcmc.gov.sa or the unified phone number 920066600.

It is worth mentioning that the commission previously announced a date for resuming the demolition and debris removal of the slums of Kidwa. It is being carried out as part of the redevelopment of slum areas within a comprehensive strategy implemented by.

Mecca mayor spokesman Osama Zaitouni said a few days ago that in addition to Kidwa, demolition work was about to start in the Al-Zuhor district, while the clearing of slums was underway in the Al-Naqasa district. Told. The second phase of destroying the slums of Makkah’s al-Naqasa district was completed months ago.

https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/623579/SAUDI-ARABIA/Razing-of-Kidwa-area-in-Makkah-to-resume-on-Aug-13?ref=rss&format=simple&link=link Destruction of Kidwa region of Mecca to resume on August 13

Back to top button