Middle East

Eni Makes Latest Abu Dhabi Gas Discovery


July 29, 2022

Image from Eni.

Eni is the first exploration well drilled offshore in Block 2 offshore of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), with an estimated 1 to 1.5 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of gas in total, making it an additional “significant” well. announced the discovery of gas.

This discovery was made in the deeper zone of the same well that first discovered gas in the shallow zone and aggregated to total gas instead of 2.5–3.5 Tcf.

According to Block 2 operator Eni, which owns a 70% stake, the gas-bearing reservoir has been tested with excellent flow rates, and with partner PTTEP holding the remaining 30%, it is now A rapid development option is appreciated.

Eni has been in Abu Dhabi since 2018. The company said he is the operator of three exploration concessions and participates in his ADNOC in three offshore development and production concessions, Lower Zakum (5%), Umm Shaif and Nasr (10%), and Ghasha. increase. (twenty five%).

https://www.oedigital.com/news/498387-eni-makes-latest-abu-dhabi-gas-discovery Eni Makes Latest Abu Dhabi Gas Discovery

Back to top button