Colombo (No. 1 in News); Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekara said a commission had been appointed to restructure the Ceylon Electricity Commission.
The Department of Energy said responsibility for the restructuring of the CEB had been handed over to members of the committee, which was approved by the cabinet.
Therefore, the relevant committees will provide restructuring proposals within one month with the technical assistance of various development agencies.
The minister said the commission was also appointed to assess companies suitable for importing, distributing and selling petroleum products, so several companies will be involved in SL’s petroleum industry along with CPC and LIOC. .
The committee consists of the following members:
– Dr RHS Samaratunge – Former Treasury Secretary
– MMC Ferdinando – Former Secretary of the Ministry of Power and Energy
– Dr Susantha Perera, former AGM, Ceylon Electricity Commission,
– Thilan Wijesinghe – Former Chairman of the Investment Commission – Saliya Wickramasuriya – Chairman of the Petroleum Development Authority and Director of the Port City Economic Commission
– President Advisor Nihal Jayawardhane – Former Counsel of Public Enterprise Reform Commission
– Attorney Harsha Fernando – Former Senior State Counsel, AG Division
– Chandana Wijesinghe – Secretary of the Ministry of Power and Energy.
the latest news
https://www.newsfirst.lk/2022/08/06/committee-to-restructure-ceb-appointed/ Establishment of CEB Restructuring Committee