Middle East

Foreign officials as chief guests are unlikely

New Delhi: Approximately 24,000 people will be allowed to participate in the Republic Day parade on January 26, this year, given the situation of COVID-19 in the national capital, according to defense facility sources.

In 2020, they said, about Rs. 15,000 were allowed to participate in the parade before the pandemic struck India.

Last year’s Republic Day parade took place during a Covid pandemic, with nearly 25,000 people allowed to attend, sources said.

Like last year, they said the parade may not have foreign dignitaries due to the pandemic this time, and India plans to invite leaders from Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, the Republic of Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. He added that he was.

Of the approximately 24,000 people who will participate in this year’s parade, 190,000 will be invited and the rest will be ordinary citizens who can buy tickets.

The parade follows all COVID-19 protocols. They said they would follow social distance standards when arranging seats, saying that additional disinfectant dispensers would be available everywhere and that masks would be required.

https://www.siasat.com/republic-day-parade-foreign-dignitary-as-chief-guest-unlikely-2258653/ Foreign officials as chief guests are unlikely

Back to top button