A drone attack on a UAE oil facility by Iran-backed rebels killed 20 people, including Houthi Air Force General Abdullah Kasem al-Junaid and his family.
A Saudi-led coalition said an airstrike on a Yemeni rebel-controlled capital killed about 20 people after a Houthi rebel attack on the United Arab Emirates soared tensions in the region. Said local officials.
The Houthi administration’s deputy foreign minister, who occupies most of northern Yemen, said on Tuesday that a coalition strike took place overnight in the city, killing a total of about 20 people.
Hours after the Houthis killed three people in a drone and missile attack on the UAE capital Abu Dhabi on Monday, Sana’a residents combed rubble for strike survivors who leveled two homes. did.
Around the people killed in the coalition airstrikes were high-ranking Houthi officials, including his wife and son.
Brigadier General Houthi Kasem al-Junaid, the director of the rebel air force academy, was killed with his family, the rebel Saba news agency said Tuesday.
The Allies launched another strike in Sana’a on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, the man combed through the rubble and scattered his belongings, books, twisted metal, and debris from a heavily damaged neighboring house.
At the scene, Ahmad al-Adal said his uncle’s house was attacked after a strike on Junaid’s house.
“My uncle went with a rescuer to pull out the victims at Junaid’s house,” he said. “Since then, we haven’t been able to find him.”
“The search for survivors in the rubble is still ongoing.”
Together “against the attack”
The UAE, part of a Saudi-led coalition fighting Iran-backed rebels, has vowed to take a strict response to Monday’s attack. The first deadly assault was recognized within the border and claimed by Yemeni militants.
Attacks on the United Arab Emirates’ famous Middle East safe haven opened new fronts in the Seven-Year War, with a surge in combat in Yemen, including combat between rebels and UAE-trained troops. Followed by.
Crude oil prices soared to their highest level in seven years, partly due to the Abu Dhabi attack that exploded a fuel tank near the storage facility of the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC). The Houthis later warned UAE residents to avoid “significant installations.”
Yemen occupies a strategic position in the Red Sea, an important conduit for oil from resource-rich bays.
After the attack, Saudi Arabia’s de facto rulers, Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman and Prince Mohammed Bin Zayed of Abu Dhabi, agreed to “jointly confront these aggressions,” UAE state media said.
United Nations laments “civilian casualties”
However, the deadly Saudi counterattack against the Houthi was severely criticized by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, who said he “mourned” “many civilian casualties.”
“Once again, Guterres urges all parties to exercise maximum restraint and prevent further expansion and intensification of the conflict,” Guterres added.
The United Arab Emirates has called for an emergency meeting of the United Nations Security Council.
The attack on Abu Dhabi marked a new stage in the Yemeni war, further lowering expectations for the resolution of the conflict, which had already expelled millions of the poorest countries on the Arabian Peninsula.
The Yemeni civil war began in 2014 when the Houthi occupied the capital, Sana’a, and the following year urged Saudi-led troops to intervene to support the government.
The conflict was a catastrophe for millions of displaced citizens on the verge of famine, what the United Nations calls the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.
The United Nations estimates that the war killed 377,000 people, both directly and indirectly, by hunger and illness by the end of 2021.
Source: TRT World and distributors
https://www.trtworld.com/middle-east/houthi-general-among-civilians-killed-in-saudi-led-strikes-in-yemen-53806?utm_source=other&utm_medium=rss General Houthi, a civilian killed in a Saudi-led strike in Yemen