Greek civil protection has warned of dangerous weather events and the risk of floods. At a live briefing on Thursday evening, civil protection warned citizens in some parts of the country.
Civil Protection Secretary Vassilis Papageorgiou expects the most dangerous 24-hour period tomorrow Friday, with heavy weather, torrential rains and thunderstorms predominantly affecting the Epilas and Ionian Islands, Thessaly, Sporades and Northern Evia. Said to give. ..
“The most dangerous phenomenon with heavy and thunderstorms will occur tomorrow on Friday, June 10. Serious in the western mainland and parts of the Ionian Sea, northwestern Peroponesos, in many cities and settlements from Tessari to Pieria and Sporades. Floods can occur, “he said.
“A serious flood of rivers and streams is very likely to occur in the larger areas of Thessaly, due to the expected long-term rapid rainfall,” Papageorgiou emphasized. ..
He states: “Based on the National Meteorological Bureau’s forecasts, dangerous weather events are predicted from Thursday, June 9th today to Monday, June 13th, 2022.
Via Kozani, Western Macedonia, Thursday evening kozan.gr.
According to local media Kozani LifeThe driver had to evacuate because the car was trapped in water and many roads were flooded due to dirty sewers and heavy rainwater.
Atmospheric turbulence affects much of Greece.
According to civil protection Website:
- The most dangerous phenomena with rapid and thunderstorms are predicted in Thessaly, the islands of the Ionian Islands, Epilas, western Sterea, western Peloponnese, Macedonia, Thrace, and the northern Aegean Sea, in the next 24 hours on Friday, June 10. Will be. Sporades, eastern Steria, northern Evia.
- Flash floods can occur in many cities and towns. It is mainly located in West Stelea, which includes part of the Ionian Islands, but also from the northwestern part of the Peloponnese to Pieria and Sporades. Especially in Thessaly, where long-term rainfall is expected.
Not only the services of the competent state, but also the regions and municipalities of the country are informed about all of this. We are all vigilant to deal immediately with the effects of bad weather.
Citizen protection Strong recommendations like that:
- Avoid unnecessary movements during dangerous weather events
- Do not walk or drive across rapids, streams, or flooded roads for any reason. Repeat for no reason!
- Citizens must always follow the instructions of the authorities, following relevant announcements in the media.
Alert message SMS Via emergency phone line112 112> Sent to thousands of citizens in the area predicted to be the worst hit by the bad guys Front Genesis.. The warning is 24 hours.
Analytical weather warning by the Greek National Weather Service EMY Here in english..
https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2022/06/09/civil-protection-alert-floods-recommendations-citizens-genesis-weather/ Greek civil protection warns of GENESIS floods