Riviera Nayarit is home to Islas Marietas National Park. His one of the park’s most beautiful and inviting beaches is Playa Escondida (also known as Playa del Amor), located within a crater created by a volcanic eruption or a nuclear test by the Mexican government. The truth is that there are many stories about what created this unique destination.
This lost paradise is characterized by crystal clear waters without waves and the feel of very fine sand beneath a large hole in the rock ceiling.
Around Las Marietas you can see bottlenose dolphins, crowned monkeys, giant manta rays and powerful humpback whales that migrated from Alaska in search of warmer waters.
Brown and blue-footed boobies rest or walk in the archipelago when not flying in the area. These birds can only be seen here or in the Galapagos Islands.
How to get to the Marietas Islands
A hidden paradise in the Marietas Islands, the only way to get to Playa Escondida is with a tour with an accredited and licensed tour operator or guide.
Most tour operators offer packages that include kayaking, boating, snorkeling and diving around the islands to discover the marine riches of Las Marietas. On a boat that provides food and drink during the trip, the round trip lasts from 3 hours to 4 hours, depending on the activities you do during the trip.
To access Playa Escondida, you must dive into the water and swim through dark caves to the shore. At the crossroads you will be guided by an expert who knows the route and beaches well.
This tour can only be done at low tide. Otherwise you will not be able to access Playa Escondida as it is dangerous.
Playa Escondida is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Access is limited to his 117 visitors, who can only stay for 15 minutes.
How much does Playa Escondida cost?
Tourist companies usually depart from the ports of Punta de Mita, La Cruz de Huanacastre, Nuevo Vallarta and Buserias. Being a nature reserve, hiring a licensed company is essential. Tourists are prohibited from traveling on their own, which hinders access on a large scale.
There are several service providers responsible for bringing tourists to the hidden beaches of the Marietas Islands. Riviera Nayarit Director of Tourism and Public Relations, Richard Zakin, recommended two tour operators who have the necessary permits to conduct this tour.
One of them is Punta Mita Adventures, which offers complete packages to visit the famous Playa del Amor. A zodiac-shaped inflatable boat that takes a small group of visitors. Snorkel around the caves and arches of Playa Escondida and explore the Marietas Islands on board. Your guide will tell you all the details of this natural wonder, so you can leave with a lot of knowledge.
The package includes snacks, life jackets, water and snorkel equipment. The per person fee is 3,129 pesos (175 USD) for him, but this season he has a special rate of 2,190 pesos (125 USD). To rent a package, visit vallarta-adventures.com.
Another tour operator is Punta Mita Charters, a company founded by the Corral del Risco Cooperative Society, which owns 23 boats that tour the area. The package to visit Playa del Amor costs him 1,700 pesos. The duration of the trip is 3 hours. Besides visiting the beach, you can also snorkel and swim around the island.
The package includes snorkeling equipment, fins and life jackets.Enter the website for more information puntamitacharters.com.
Advice before traveling to the Marietas Islands
The Marietas Islands have been designated a biosphere reserve by UNESCO. Therefore, anyone visiting there should be a responsible traveller. In other words, it helps to preserve and maintain the area. So don’t be surprised if there are service her providers who demand an extra charge of 100 pesos per person to protect this paradise.
The tour operator must have a certificate to conduct this visit, but visitors are obliged to respect the guide’s instructions. Please refer to your tour guide’s certificate to ensure that you are using a tour service that is regulated and must follow environmental conservation guidelines in order to preserve the natural environment of this area for future visitors .
Richard Zakin recommends using only biodegradable sunscreen, not littering, not touching coral, and not trying to get close to marine animals. You should make sure that the recommendations are followed.
Zakin also explains that winter is the best season to visit the Riviera Nayarit. Not only will you be amazed by the beauty of Playa Escondida, but you will also be amazed by the beautiful ‘show’ of humpback whales in their natural habitat.
“Whether you want to spend your summer, long weekends or winter holidays on the Riviera de Nayarit, don’t forget to visit this iconic place, which is part of the group of islands that exist in Nayarit. It will be a beautiful and memorable image,” emphasized Richard Zakin.
SUBSCRIBE HERE Receive newsletters and Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive PVDN content, and enjoy this site with less ads for just $25 USD per year! (0.06 cents per day)
Hot topics on PVDN
- Texas man dies at Blue Chair Hotel in Puerto Vallarta Another unfortunate death was recorded in Puerto Vallarta’s Romantic Zone. His 71-year-old man from Texas was found dead in his hotel room at the Blue Chair Hotel in Los Muertos Beach. However, while the man was announced to have died of natural causes, he had no direct relatives to officially confirm…
- Claims Amber Heard blackmailed Elon Musk into paying Johnny Depp are creepy even for her If there’s the latest report that Amber Heard had a strategic plan to blackmail Elon Musk into paying Johnny Depp the verdict against her, it’s from the actress during her very public spiral. It’s the creepiest thing I’ve seen. After appearing…
- Puerto Vallarta has a people problem, not a crocodile problem Crocodiles are a species that has lived in Puerto Vallarta for thousands of years, living in the area before people came here and before the area was developed as a tourist destination. Alligators, experts and handlers Armando Rubio Delgado and Jaime Torres Guerrero, director of the El Saldo Estuary, agree. Immediacy…
- Mexican agency probes Sonora Grill over accusations of separating diners by skin color Fine-dining restaurant chain Sonora Grill Group has been exposed to the eye of the hurricane. The accusations began at the restaurant chain’s location on Presidente Masaryk Street in the Polanco district, one of the capital’s most exclusive locations.
- Woman’s body found in suitcase in Puerto Vallarta On Saturday night, authorities found a human body in a suitcase on Antonio J. Hernández and Prolongación Zacatecas streets in the Primero de Mayo district of Puerto Vallarta city. A report was made to 911 emergency services and a suspicious package was mentioned on Antonio J. Hernández Street…
https://www.vallartadaily.com/islas-marietas-how-much-does-a-tour-to-playa-escondida-cost/ How much does a tour to Playa Escondida cost?