Europe

Israeli man dies after contracting rare ‘brain-eating amoeba’

apply

India

Naegleria fowleri is an amoeba that lives in soil and warm freshwater, such as lakes, rivers and hot springs. Amoebas are colloquially called “brain-eating amoebas” because they can cause attacks on the central nervous system, and although they are rare, they are most often fatal.

36 years old Israeli A man infected with primary amebic meningoencephalitis, a rare infection, dies disease It is caused by Naegleria fowleri, which attacks the central nervous system of humans. Between 1962 and 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) noted that of his 154 people diagnosed with the disease, only four of him survived.

With only 400 cases of this rare disease worldwide, the CDC was contacted by the Department of Health to run a clinical sample of the infection. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health, along with the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Ministry of Agriculture, has launched an investigation into where the infection occurred. A healthy 36-year-old man had contact with an amoeba.

“The Ministry of Health is working with the Ministry of Environmental Protection and the Ministry of Agriculture. [to find the source] And we will release the findings to the public,” the ministry said.

Naegleria fowleri - Sputnik International, 1920, July 13, 2022

‘Brain-eating amoeba’ may be spreading across northern US
July, 13 year old boy florida He was hospitalized after being infected with a brain-eating amoeba. Caleb Ziegelbaur was visiting his park in Port Charlotte Beach with his family, according to his GoFundMe, which his family set up to help pay for medical bills. Initially, he was diagnosed with meningitis, followed by a headache and fever, until the CDC instructed doctors to start treatment for the amoeba 10 days after he went swimming.

“[He] The boy’s family has been breathing on his own for almost the entire week,” the boy’s family wrote on GoFundMe. It’s our way home. “



https://sputniknews.com/20220806/israeli-man-dies-after-contracting-infection-from-rare-brain-eating-amoeba-1098290674.html Israeli man dies after contracting rare ‘brain-eating amoeba’

Back to top button