Jalisco Civil Protection Continues Earthquake Damage Assessment
After the earthquake that hit much of Jalisco at noon on Monday 19 September, officers from the Regional Commands of El Grullo, Guadalajara and Zapotlan El Grande immediately began a damage assessment and needs analysis. In the municipalities of Tolimán, Zapotitlan de Badiro, Cuautitlán de García Barrán, Toñilla, Zapotlan el Grande, Union de Tula and Gómez Farias, after the monitoring was carried out, these municipalities joined the Tellurian movement. was determined to be most affected by
So far, over 600 residential and commercial properties in 68 neighborhoods in the aforementioned municipalities have been evaluated by the staff of the Jalisco Civil Protection and Firefighters Authority (UEPCBJ). Their structure and habitable number.
Eight houses were destroyed in the city of Tolimán, and the parishes of Zapotitlan de Vadiro, Autorun de Navarro and Casimiro Castillo were closed. These parishes maintain close communication with the church to prevent damage to structures. To provide authorities with prompt resolution of damages.
Carlos Suarez Plascencia, head of scientific research at UEPCBJ, said the magnitude 5.4 earthquake recorded yesterday Tuesday was the strongest ever recorded, as it could have been felt in various locations in the Guadalajara metropolitan area. Guaranteed to be one of the aftershocks. By Wednesday morning, he had recorded 960 aftershocks, all of which are so weak that they often go unnoticed by residents.
“Only two of these 960 were perceptible, many were felt only at the epicenter, and the rest were not perceived by the population.”
False messages have also been voiced through social networks that associate the earthquake with possible volcanic activity at Colima Volcano. Experts say this has nothing to do with it. Recent Earth movements do not imply volcanic risk.
“The Colima volcano has been completely calm since January 2017. No seismic activity, no type of volcanic activity.
The state government, through the State Unit for Civil Protection and Firefighters in Jalisco, is urging residents to stay informed through official channels and avoid spreading rumors. Also, remember to dial 911 for emergencies.
SUBSCRIBE HERE Receive newsletters, access exclusive content, read news ad-free, and more!
PVDN Trending News
- Live updates: earthquake records 314 aftershocks after earthquake RECENT UPDATE: Sep 20, 2020 @6:20 local time again on Sep 19. A new 7.7-magnitude quake centered in Colecomán, Michoacán was recorded this Monday and felt in several parts of Mexico. The city’s coordination of civil protection and firefighters in Puerto Vallarta confirmed that there had been some damage…
- A 7.4 quake shook Puerto Vallarta in the state of Michoacan.Tsunami warning issued UPDATE: JALISCO Tsunami Warning Issued If you’re a subscriber, please log into your dashboard to get the latest earthquake information. On the dashboard you can also see photos and videos of the damage recorded in the Puerto Vallarta area. If you are not a subscriber, you…
- Puerto Vallarta gets 10 earthquakes every day, but you don’t feel them.big things are inevitable After a 7.7-magnitude quake was recorded Monday afternoon at its epicenter in Coalcoman, Michoacan, it cannot be ruled out that another quake of the same magnitude could occur within the next few months. The above was pointed out by Dr. Araceli Zamora Camacho, Research Professor in the Department of Precision Sciences…
- Spider-Man actor Andrew Garfield spotted vacationing in Puerto Vallarta Andrew Garfield went viral on Tuesday afternoon after his fans in Mexico saw him enjoying the waves on the beach in Puerto Vallarta with his surfboard.The American actor surfed yesterday was seen, and according to some fan accounts, he decided to come to Jalisco for the sole purpose of vacationing and disconnecting from him…
- As if the earthquake wasn’t enough; Mexico City warns of activity at Popocatepetl volcano Mexico City’s General Risk Management and Civil Protection Secretariat (SGIRPC) has reported that recent activity from Popocatepetl volcano is expected to cause ash fall in all CDMX municipalities. At 5:05 pm on Monday, September 19, Phase 2 of the Volcano Warning Signal was activated. Likewise, he urged the population…
https://www.vallartadaily.com/jalisco-civil-protection-continues-with-earthquake-damage-assessment/ Jalisco Civil Protection Continues Earthquake Damage Assessment