Asia

Japan ends distribution of AstraZeneca’s COVID vaccine, final shot destroyed – Taiwan Japanese News

Japan has scrapped about 13.5 million doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine as all remaining shots supplied by the British pharmaceutical company have expired, according to a major Japanese daily, the health ministry said. Announced on September 30th. Mainichi Shimbun October 1, 2022.

“Japan will officially end administration of the AstraZeneca vaccine,” the report said, explaining that the Japanese government had signed a deal to purchase 120 million doses of the product in December 2020.

AstraZeneca distributed only 200,000 doses to local governments, of which only 120,000 were actually administered. Mainichi Shimbun report.

So why was only 1% of the 120 million doses used, and what happened to the remaining 99%, and Japanese taxpayers wasted on these supposedly life-saving vaccines? How much of the money will actually be repaid?

“Under non-disclosure agreements with pharmaceutical companies, the government has not disclosed the purchase price or the amount refunded for canceled doses,” it said. Mainichi Shimbun the report says.

Taiwan’s health officials have also refused to disclose taxpayer money they gave to pharmaceutical companies for alleged vaccines. Taiwan’s Ministry of Health and Welfare has classified COVID-19 vaccine procurement data 30 years confidential.

Big tech’s censorship of search results has made it difficult to find the truth as to why Japan has distributed so few AstraZeneca shots to its own citizens. Taiwan’s apple daily“Japan originally planned to purchase 1.2 doses of the AZ vaccine, but decided to stop using it due to side effects reported abroad. 44 million doses have been transferred to other countries, including Taiwan. it was done.”

All but the 200,000 doses distributed in Japan have been returned, donated, or destroyed. apple daily the report said.

of apple daily Japan reportedly planned to use 57.7 million doses of AstraZeneca, initially for the first and second doses, but reported side effects, including thrombosis (blood clots), led Japan to cancel 62.3 million doses. did. Not delivered yet.

In June 2021, Japan launched “vaccine diplomacy,” providing 44 million doses of the AZ vaccine free of charge to Taiwan, Vietnam, and member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, which were in urgent need of vaccines at the time.

and presidential press releaseSeptember 7, 2021, Presidential Office spokesperson Xavier Chan said that the presidential office sincerely appreciates Japan’s timely and continued support.

“Including today’s shipment of 64,000 doses, the Japanese government has now donated more than 3.4 million doses of the vaccine to Taiwan,” Chan said.

According to these reports, of the 120 million doses of AstraZeneca ordered and purchased by the Japanese government using Japanese taxpayer money, 120,000 doses (1%) were actually administered to Japanese people, and 4,400 10,000 doses were “donated” to other countries and 62.3 million doses were “donated”. Dosing was canceled and the remainder discarded after expiration.

What are your country’s wealth transfer statistics? Comment below.

Taiwan English News is an independent publication with no corporate funding. Subscribe to Taiwan English News to receive the latest news by email. Advertising questions are welcome. Share, like, comment below and buy me a coffee. I really need it.

Subscribe to Taiwan English News YouTube Channel



https://taiwanenglishnews.com/japan-ends-distribution-of-astrazeneca-covid-vaccines-with-the-last-of-the-shots-destroyed/ Japan ends distribution of AstraZeneca’s COVID vaccine, final shot destroyed – Taiwan Japanese News

Back to top button