Lake Mead: A corpse found in a barrel. Who are the victims? what happened?
Recently, a body was found in a barrel on the shore of Lake Mead near Las Vegas. According to police, the victims were barreled between the late 1970s and early 1980s. Las Vegas Review-Journal..
Who are the victims? The Las Vegas Review-Journal The male victim was reportedly unknown at present, but police believe the cause of death was a gunshot wound.
- Police theorize that in the late 1970s and early 1980s, men were placed in barrels based on clothing and other personal belongings found in barrels.
- Victims wore shoes sold by Kmart in the mid-to-late 1970s. Las Vegas Review-Journal..
- Police will work with the University of Las Vegas to identify the victim and determine if barrel corrosion is consistent with being in freshwater for decades. CNN Report.
Drought conditions lead to discovery: The barrel, now on the beach of Lake Mead, would have been placed in tens of feet of water in the 1980s.
- It is reported that the discovery of this body was possible only due to the drought condition that lowered the water level of the lake. NewsNow Las Vegas..
- “We wouldn’t have been able to find the corpse in the sense that the lake didn’t retreat,” said Lieutenant Ray Spencer of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. New York Times..
- The barrel was discovered by a boater around 3 pm on Sunday. “After hearing a woman screaming from the side of the beach, her husband went to see what was obviously wrong,” Shawna Hollister said. NewsNow Las Vegas.. “And he noticed that he had a body in the barrel.”
Mafia-related murder potential: Investigators will investigate death as a possible mafia-related killing, police said. New York Times..
- “The victim was killed in the 1980s in an area near Las Vegas where the mob-connected casino dominated the strip, so investigators said the killing could have been related to the mafia.” I won’t exclude it. ” New York Times..
Are there any other bodies on the lake? “When the water level of the lake drops, other bodies may be found in the lake,” Spencer said. New York Times.. Las Vegas police place one or two bodies a year on Lake Mead, so it’s not a unlikely place for murder.
https://www./u-s-world/2022/5/3/23054065/lake-mead-body-found-who-was-victim-what-happened-homicide-mafia-las-vegas Lake Mead: A corpse found in a barrel. Who are the victims? what happened?