Mumbai: Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar continues to be treated in the ICU of the city hospital here, the doctor treating her said on Sunday.
The 92-year-old singer tested positive for the mildly symptomatic coronavirus and was admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) at Breach Candy Hospital in South Mumbai last week.
“She is still in the ICU and is being treated,” Dr. Platit Samdani, an associate professor at Breach Candy Hospital, told PTI.
A veteran singer spokesman denied media coverage and called it “false news,” amid speculation that Mangeskar’s condition was deteriorating.
“I’m worried about seeing false news circulating. Please note that Ratadidi is stable. I will continue to stay in the ICU under the treatment of a competent doctor. I am a spokesman for Mangeskar. Anusha Srinifsan Aiel said in a statement.
Earlier that day, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope said the Queen of Melody’s health was “improving.”
“The condition of Lata Mangeshkar is improving. I told the authorities of Breach Candy Hospital who updated me about her health. People want to know about her health, so a hospital spokesman is a singer. I told them that I should provide them with the latest information about their condition, “Tope told reporters in Jarna.
After discussing with his family, Breach Candy Hospital will be able to get the latest information on the health of veteran singers, Mr. Taupe said.
Mangeskar’s niece Rachana Shah said Thursday that the singer was fine and urged the media to respect the privacy of her family.
Considered one of the greatest singers of Indian cinema, Mangeskar started his career in 1942 at the age of 13 and has sung over 30,000 songs in several Indian languages.
https://www.siasat.com/lata-mangeshkar-continues-to-be-in-icu-doctor-2259436/ Lata Mangeshkar remains in ICU: Doctor