MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – Mexican President Andrés Manuel Lopez Obrador said Saturday would be a big day in Mexico’s effort to rescue 10 miners trapped in a coal mine. Stated.
Miners were trapped Wednesday during drilling operations at a mine on the northern border of Coahuila state when a tunnel wall collapsed and flooded three wells.
Lopez Obrador said on Twitter: “Today is definitive as we can tell if divers have a chance to enter without risk, according to techs.
López Obrador said rescue efforts are continuing day and night.
“The main problem is flooding, but the pumping equipment is sufficient and has maximum capacity,” he added.
Families are on site 24 hours a day, sleeping in plastic chairs, cribs and blankets on the dusty ground, awaiting news of their loved ones.
Five people escaped the accident.
The mine began operations in January and had no “record of any kind of anomaly complaints,” according to the Labor Department.
SUBSCRIBE HERE Receive newsletters and Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive PVDN content, and enjoy this site with less ads for just $25 USD per year! (0.06 cents per day)
Hot topics on PVDN
- 7 Jalisco police officers arrested in 3 kidnappings The Jalisco Public Prosecutor’s Office arrested seven police officers on suspicion of kidnapping two men and a woman from a restaurant, but they disappeared after city officials intervened. According to ministry reports, an agent in the city of La Barca was recently arrested…
- 22-year-old Mexican woman faces seven years in prison for killing rapist in self-defense Roxana Ruiz Santiago carefully peers out before opening the door. She is less than five feet tall and wears blue jeans and a hand-embroidered white blouse that contrasts with her brown skin. She has big eyes and long black hair. She wears braids and has a smile on her face. 22 years old she…
- Increased security measures in Puerto Vallarta district The Prevention Police and Municipal Roads Commissioner continues surveillance activities in various neighborhoods of Puerto Vallarta with the aim of increasing the police presence in areas with high crime rates. For this reason, operations are being conducted under the command of the supervisor of the … using elements of the operational area tactical group.
- Mexican agency probes accusation of segregating customers by skin color at Sonora Grill Fine-dining restaurant chain Sonora Grill Group has been exposed to the eye of the hurricane. The accusations began at the restaurant chain’s location on Presidente Masaryk Street in the Polanco district, one of the capital’s most exclusive locations.
- Nuevo Nayarit beach closed due to crocodile presence Nayarit’s Secretary of Security and Civil Protection has reported that due to the presence of crocodiles, the entrance to Nuevo Nayarit Beach in the municipality of Bahia de Banderas will be suspended from this Thursday until further notice. In a message published on social networks, the agency said the purple flag was…
https://www.vallartadaily.com/mexicos-president-flags-saturday-as-decisive-day-for-rescuing-10-miners/ Mexican president flags Saturday as definitive day to rescue 10 miners