Fernando and Josefina got married on April 29 in Tlaxcala, Central Mexico. Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun celebrated the wedding that day, so they chose that date. She wore a white dress. He, SS uniform. The local press recorded the ceremony in detail. The old Volkswagen wedding carriage was adorned with camouflage, a swastika on the hood, a black cross on the driver’s door, a German Air Force emblem, and various German vehicles during World War II. .. In the image, some guests wear Mexican boots and hats, while others dress as soldiers. The bride and groom also reproduced some pictures of their “idols”. This has become a hot topic on the internet because of frank ignorance and surprise.
The media presented the Nazi wedding as a surreal and almost innocent curiosity, and the groom said Hitler was “loved by his people” and national socialism “helped” him in his life. , And defended what he had suffered since childhood his “ideal”. The Jewish community and international organizations for preserving Holocaust memories are not interesting.
“Our institution has left itself to the distortions and trifles of the memories of the six million Jewish brothers killed in the Holocaust, those who deny or distort history, and this lack of sneaky respect. We strongly condemn the contempt of the people, “Gerbrunn, Latin American director of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, a human rights group of Ariel Jews, said in a statement. The agency has urged Mexican authorities to blame the wedding for promoting hatred and racist speech.
Tribuna Israelita, a spokesperson for the Jewish community in the country, said, “Apologizing and praising Nazism, the ideology responsible for the killings of millions, including 6 million Jews. Joined. It happened during a wedding in Truscala.
The National Council for the Prevention of Discrimination (Conapred) emphasized that Mexican law prohibits anti-Semitism this Wednesday, describing the act as a “sign of intolerance.” “Regarding thematic weddings and media dissemination, we believe from Conapred that we need to remember the horrific events that took place in the European soil during the Holocaust, a crime unparalleled in human history,” he said. I pointed out.
A few years ago, when Josefina’s dress was wearing a swastika, the couple had no problem celebrating a religious ceremony in the Tlaxcala parish or civil court. Fernando hasn’t released any further details, but he wasn’t worried about introducing himself as a “civil servant.” The couple has two children. Reinhardt hints at SS General Reinhard Heydrich, Hanna Gartlud after Nazi pilot Hanna Reitsch, and Gertrud Scholtz-Klink, president of the National Socialist Women’s Alliance. “I know that for many, Hitler was a genocide that was a symbol of racism and violence, but because people had no information or believed in the history of the victors. I will judge, “says the groom in a report published in the Mirenio newspaper.
Some of the wedding attendees are faced with their apologies to Nazism by the media, but their argument is reproduced completely and without nuances. “We were led to believe Hitler was a racist, but he began to greet Jesse Owens at the 1936 Olympics,” says Fernando, for example. “Brave Lie”, Wiesenthal Center is back.
“It’s ignorance,” said Jaime Romanovsky, a Jewish expert on genocide, who “knows more” about these discriminatory signs, with the ignorance of the majority of people about their religious traditions. It summarizes it as a result of the desire to “oppose what others believe.” “To deny the Holocaust is to deny the obvious things that the perpetrators themselves admit,” he adds.
Discrimination against Jews is not over, and hate speech is generally experiencing a new global boom that challenges the traditional notions of acceptable and unacceptable, especially in the era of technology. But that’s not a problem in the digital world. The Anti-Defamation League recorded more than 2,700 anti-Semitic assaults, harassment and vandalism in the United States alone in 2021. This is the highest since the measurement started in 1979.
In Mexico, where about 60,000 Jews live, according to the previous census, there are no concrete or systematic data, but the latest national census on discrimination shows that religious beliefs are the second most common crime after appearance. It is mentioned as the reason for. However, some members of the community do not consider this a common trend. “Fortunately, there are no major outbreaks and they are isolated, but in any case we can’t allow this and we need to prevent it,” Romanovsky said.
The day before the wedding, the Holocaust victims are celebrated every year at Yomha Shore, and those who went to war this Wednesday are remembered as part of Yomhaji Karon. “The married person is likely not to know him, but remember that we know how vulnerable we are, minorities and innocent people, whether Jewish or not. This is done to avoid indiscriminate attacks against, “explains Romanovsky. “First and foremost, to prevent history from repeating.”
Written by Elijah Camhaji.Originally published El País
PVDN’s current trend story
- Prosecutor confirms a video of a man at a hotel where Debanhi Susana Escobar Bazaldúa was found dead Griselda Nunez Espinoza, head of the Femicide Prosecutor’s Office, confirmed the presence of a man getting out of the car at the Nueva Castilla Motel, where the body of Devanhi Susana Escobar Bazardua was located on April 21. The existence of people by security cameras …
- Female body found in a cart in a supermarket in Puerto Vallarta The woman’s body was in a supermarket cart in the Puerto Vallarta district on Tuesday morning. Police reported that the event took place at the intersection of Via Crisantemo and Via Las Palmas in the Villa Las Flores district of Puerto Vallarta. The report was made just before 10 am and was reported there …
- The video seems to show that Debanhi Escobar is in conflict with a man on the night of her death According to the latest report from the Attorney General of Nuevo Leon, the investigation surrounding the case of Devanhiescovar, a young woman who disappeared in the water tank of the Nuevo Castilla motel and later died, is still in the eyes of a hurricane. , Gustavo Adolfo Guerrero. Recently journalist Azsena Uresti …
- Puerto Vallarta’s real estate sector grew 167.8% Despite the pandemic, Puerto Vallarta real estate sales have increased 167.8% over the past two years, effectively doubling total sales, according to data from agency Ryan Donner and Associates. According to the company, sales in recent years have been from 1,137 units in 2018 …
- Increased infection and mortality from COVID-19 in Mexico Over the past two weeks, a slight increase in new infections and deaths from COVID-19 has been observed in Mexico, but pandemics have declined for 12 consecutive weeks. At a conference from Washington, Ciro Ugarte, head of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) emergency, said …
https://www.vallartadaily.com/controversy-in-mexico-over-a-nazi-themed-wedding/ Nazi-themed wedding controversy in Mexico