Europe

No abuse investigation into Cardinal Ouellet, pope says

(ANSA) – ROME, 18 August – Pope Francis has decided on evidence that the Vatican will not launch an investigation into alleged sexual abuse by Canada’s Cardinal Marc Ouellet, Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni said Thursday. .

“After a preliminary inquiry commissioned by the Pope to Father Jacques Servais, his conclusion was that there was no element to initiate a trial,” Bruni said. Cardinal Ouellet’s Orthodox Investigation into His Sexual Assault of Mr. F. Marc Armand Ouellet PSS (born June 8, 1944) is a prelate of the Canadian Catholic Church. Since his appointment by Pope Benedict XVI on 30 June 2010, he has served as Head of the Episcopal Ministry and President of the Pontifical Commission for Latin America. accept his resignation.

He served as Archbishop of Quebec and Chief of Canada from 2003 to 2010. He was appointed a cardinal by Pope John Paul II on his October 21, 2003. Ouellett he was considered a leading candidate for the papal election in both 2005 and his 2013.

A class action lawsuit filed early last week accused an unnamed woman, F., of perpetrating allegations that a clergyman kissed her, slipped his hand over her back and touched her at a 2008 cocktail reception. Ouellet’s name was mentioned. back side. (ANSA).

All rights reserved © Copyright ANSA