JAKARTA (Antara) – No Indonesians were killed or injured in the floods that hit Jeddah, Saudi Arabia earlier this week, the foreign ministry has confirmed.
“So far, we have not received any reports that Indonesian citizens have fallen victim to the disaster,” Judah Nugraha, head of the Indonesian Civil and Corporate Protection Department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said in a written statement released on Friday. Stated.
The floods that hit Jeddah and surrounding areas on Thursday were caused by nearly four hours of heavy rain, a record since 2009, he said.
The floods reportedly claimed the lives of two Saudi citizens.
According to the Indonesian Consulate General in Jeddah, the floodwaters that flooded most of the city’s roads are slowly receding, Nugraha said.
However, some areas remain submerged, including underpasses.
The Saudi government warned of possible heavy rain on Wednesday and announced that schools would be closed the next day, he said.
related news: BNPB confirms two deaths in floods in Bireuen district
related news: Government provides emergency aid to flood victims in Aceh Tamiang
related news: Indonesia asks Saudi Arabia to review new Umrah pilgrimage plans
https://en.antaranews.com/news/262501/no-indonesian-casualties-in-jeddah-flood-foreign-ministry No Indonesian casualties in Jeddah floods: Ministry of Foreign Affairs