new Norwegian National Museum It was opened this month by Queen Sonia, the Prime Minister, the director of the museum, and Karin Hinsbo. The music played at the opening contained two elements: soul and Sami music.according to Painter and art reviewer Dag HolNeed more classical Norwegian music, such as, Svendsen, Bull, Sæverud... – The most important art in the National Museum is, after all, the classic golden age art, in addition to the best paintings by Munch.He says.
The new museum is the largest museum in the Nordic region, displaying old and contemporary art, contemporary art, architecture and design in a whole new way under one roof. From 3000 years ago to the present, there are about 6,500 works from the Norwegian collection of art, architecture and design, shown here in an international context.
Opening exhibition “I call it art.” The period from June 11th to September 11th, 2022 is a contemporary pattern of Norwegian contemporary art, with a group of about 150 artists and artists, from music and video to theater and painting. There are works up to this point.One of them Yachi Shian-Yuan Yang from Taiwan With her work “Great Openness” and “Father”. Doughol is her husband and his opinion is his own. Both have art lessons in Taiwan. The couple has their own “Garelli 26” in Oslo.
- – – Yachi’s art is based on a painting tradition with a history of over 1000 years. Doughol explains, – This is not an Asian tradition until the last decade, if the expression does not primarily show a three-dimensional expression. Today’s Chinese and Taiwanese art works with many multidimensional techniques, both surface, three-dimensional, and conceptual, and many artists have mastered many different artistic expressions. Yachi works on the surface like a tradition and is an expert in this technique, teaching at Taiwan University with traditional Chinese expressions based on actual brushstrokes and free flow.
- Doughol continues: – For many years, I was very interested in the accuracy as well as the lightness of Chinese art and brushstrokes themselves. During her career, 8,000 began to introduce color into artistic expression from the classic black and white traditions of the classic Chinese and Taiwanese traditions. This is something she started working on in earnest since she came to Norway in 2015, but it’s still important to have a way to carry an empty and sophisticated brush by painting on both sides of a very thin rice paper. is. Face value color and paper stroke that are completely different from the front. The strength of the sect is often important to achieve the depth of the painting. But as with the most advanced figurative art, the concept is also important, and 8,000 is very creative and innovative in her art, giving her many ideas about what she wants to draw and the meaning of the painting. I have. She often deals with stories and draws many idea sketches as well as quick sketches, both prestige and portrait characters. Since coming here in 2015, Yachi has been a Norwegian art through national exhibitions, as well as art critics, gallery owners, art collectors, and an autumn exhibition that came with big photographs last fall. I’m getting more and more interest from the scene. And recently from the National Museum.
- – This exhibition “I call it art”, Doug Hol explains, – It is the opening exhibition after several years of drought and has received a lot of criticism. There was a random and poor story, and the architects called it a flea market. In fact, it’s very interesting and fascinating. I have been to many museums of different quality, both here in Norway and abroad. Often very boring and indifferent. But today’s National Museum is much more fun and attractive than usual. We spent a couple of hours researching many inventions in this “modern” sector, but some were very interesting and searched, and were full of a lot of seriousness and aesthetic delicacy. rice field.
- – – We finally had to go to the classical department and see many of the wonderful things that Norwegian art history produced, and after years of vacancy we had to see what we had been waiting for, but there was not much power left. did not. But soon he found the beautiful Munchroom, the incredibly magical Sorberg’s “Winter Night in Rondan”, Goode’s new “Norwegian Landshaft” and Barke’s “Stetind”. Just to taste the best of Norwegian art. Entering these rooms, filled with images we rarely see, gave the soul a sense of intense light and depth, lice. I have never experienced such a thing at an old national museum. I will study this more thoroughly. But it is clear that Norway’s finest art is actually world class. The blue-toned “Winter Night in Rondan” is one of the most magical and profound paintings in the world of landscape painting, and has never been so beautifully hung.
- – – The museum is actually working much better than I expected, Doughol says – I think it’s amazing in the city, especially as the architect Thomas Teeth Ivensen wrote very well in Aftenposten, not only inside but also outside. Drinking rhubarb juice on the terrace in the sunshine just before it rains is amazing, and I’m very happy to have such a museum. All the previous doubts that it is right to build this museum, fill it with classical art, and get a better space with contemporary art have disappeared. And I’m very happy that I, perhaps the only Norwegian artist, supported the construction of this museum through Aftenposten’s articles, even if I had doubts about the architecture itself. Today, most things are a pleasure ….. and you will probably find a good way to use the old National Museum. For example, you can visit a classic international exhibition in Kunsthalle or use it as a studio for classic figurative artists such as the architectural uprising Audun En. I will propose.
Read more about artist couples: https://www.norwaynews.com/oslo-open-house-with-dag-hol-and-shian-yuan-yachi/?fbclid=IwAR1Ca62v1tvFc6NvFDuOGaYBUheGJp3HYy6aWhbqQ1RvSSTqslGmFcdDuB0
https://www.norwaynews.com/national-museums-opening-exhibition-including-yachi-shian-yuan-from-taiwan-comments-by-art-reviewer-dag-hol/ Opening exhibition of national museums including Yachi Shian-Yuan in Taiwan. Comment by art reviewer Dag Hol.