Middle East

Pitt states that Jolly “tried to harm” the sale of the vineyard.

Los Angeles – Angelina Jolie “tried to harm” her ex-husband Brad Pitt when she sold her co-owned vineyard stake to the Russian oligarchs, new legal documents claim.

Pitt is suing his ex-wife in the Los Angeles County High Court for selling shares in a French vineyard that he bought with him in 2008.

He said her decision to sell her shares to the Russian oligarchs forced him to partner with “a stranger with toxic relationships and intentions.”

Jolie hasn’t commented publicly yet.

The couple purchased control of the French company Chateau Miraval SA, which consists of a home and vineyard in Southern France, in 2008.

The A List pair got married there six years later.

Pitt says he and his ex-wife have agreed not to sell their shares at the venue without the permission of others.

A legal document obtained by a PA news agency alleges that Jolly sold her stake to a Luxembourg-based spirits maker managed by the Russian oligarch Yurishevler without Pitt’s knowledge. ..

The proceedings allege that the sale helped the actor initiate a “hostile” takeover of the “carefully constructed” wine business.

Pitt’s lawyer said Jolly “contributed nothing”, but under his control, the business grew into a “millions of dollars of international success story.”

“Through the intended sale, Jolly tried to harm Pitt,” according to a document submitted last week.

“Jolly knew and intended that Chefler and his affiliates would manage Pitt’s business and try to undermine Pitt’s investment in Mirabal.”

“It’s notorious for its innovative business tactics and suspicious professional associations,” Chefler added, adding that his relationship “has jeopardized the reputation of a very carefully constructed brand pit.”

“This is all a direct result of Jolly’s illegal and unlawful conduct.

“In breach of the agreement between the parties, Jolly sought to force Pitt to partner with strangers, or worse, with toxic relationships and intentional strangers.”

Miraval Estate is located in the village of Corin in southeastern France and was purchased by a couple for around € 25 million (£ 21.3 million).

Pitt is said to have contributed 60% to the purchase price, and Jolly paid the remaining 40%.

The lawyer also said that the property’s wine business continued to thrive, “she benefited from Mirabal’s success, but Jolly was not involved in these efforts.”

The actress filed for divorce in 2016.

Jolly reportedly informed Pitt of her decision to sell to Chefler in January 2021 and said she had reached a “heartfelt and painful decision.”

Pitt’s lawyer demanded a jury trial. The Jolie representative has not yet responded to the BBC’s request for comment. — BBC

https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/621511/Life/Life-Style/Pitt-says-Jolie-sought-to-inflict-harm-with-vineyard-sale?ref=rss&format=simple&link=link Pitt states that Jolly “tried to harm” the sale of the vineyard.

Show More
Back to top button