Russia-Ukraine War: List of Important Events, Day 341 | Russo-Ukrainian War News
As the war between Russia and Ukraine enters its 341st day, we take a look at the major developments.
Here’s what happened on Monday, January 30, 2023:
- People gathered in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine, British volunteer killed Rescue operations in the town of Soledar in the eastern Donetsk region.
- At least one person was killed in an air raid in the northeastern Ukraine city of Kharkov, and three in the southern city of Kherson. Updated Russian Artillerya Ukrainian official said.
- Russia deliberately accused the Ukrainian military hit the hospital A war crime that killed 14 people and injured 24 patients and medical staff in Russian-controlled areas of eastern Ukraine on Saturday. Reuters was unable to independently verify the report.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin is open to contacting German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, but a phone call with him is not scheduled, a Kremlin spokesperson said.
- Scholz, who approved the offer last week Leopard 2 tank Although he was quoted in an interview as saying he would speak to Putin again, it was the Russian leader’s responsibility to withdraw troops from Ukraine “to end this horrific and senseless war.”
- The RIA news agency quoted Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov on Monday as saying it makes no sense for Russia to talk to Kyiv or its Western “puppeteers” because the US has decided to supply tanks to Ukraine. bottom.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said allowing Russia to compete in the 2024 Paris Olympics would be tantamount to showing that “terrorism is somehow acceptable”.
- Russia said it would not hold annual consultations with Japan on renewing agreements allowing Japanese fishermen to fish near the disputed islands, saying Japan had taken anti-Russian measures.
- President Zelensky’s top aide said rapid talks were underway between Ukraine and its allies over a request for long-range missiles they claimed would be necessary to prevent Russia from destroying the city. .
- German arms maker Rheinmetall is ready and may start production significantly more tank and artillery ammunition to meet strong demand in Ukraine and the West HIMARS Multi Rocket Launcher In Germany, CEO Armin Papperger told Reuters.
- Scholz pushed back again He opposed demands by German and Ukrainian officials for fighter planes to repel a Russian aggression and urged Western countries not to join a “bidding war” for advanced weapons.
- Ukraine has been promised 321 heavy tanks by several countries, the ambassador to France said.
- Poland has pledged to send 60 more tanks to Ukraine, in addition to 14 German Leopard 2 tanks, the Polish prime minister said in an interview with Canadian television.
- NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on Monday urged South Korea to increase military aid to Ukraine, citing other countries that changed their policy of not providing weapons to countries in conflict after Russia’s aggression. .
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/1/30/russia-ukraine-war-list-of-key-events-day-341 Russia-Ukraine War: List of Important Events, Day 341 | Russo-Ukrainian War News