Middle East

Scholars urge authorities to continue face-to-face lessons

Dr. Mohammad Al Onage

Ben Garcia

Kuwait: Dr. Mohammed Al Onage, General Coordinator and Spokesperson of the Kuwait University Faculty Association, will continue the educational process on campus, especially at the secondary and higher education stages, to the COVID-19 Emergency Committee of the Cabinet. I asked you to evaluate the importance of that. To maintain the quality of college and education.

In a press statement, Dr. Onage confirmed that the association is seeking to take into account the benefits of education in Kuwait, especially after online education has shown significant shortcomings in the outcome and quality of education.

Dr. Onage confirmed that the association is following up on the latest developments related to the new coronavirus variant (Omicron) at the local and international levels. This shows that most countries around the world have not taken steps to return to online education.

“We appeal to decision makers, keeping in mind that the quality of education has been compromised during the transition from previous traditional learning to online for many reasons. A validated online-based curriculum needs to be integrated with the current curriculum and adapted to the new curriculum for both students and teachers, all of which need to be tailored to Kuwait’s education system, researched and appropriate. Planning is needed. Therefore, we advocate continuing face-to-face lessons so that the educational process is not compromised again, “he said.

As the number of cases of coronavirus increases in the country, birthdays, weddings and anniversaries have been canceled from today until February 28 due to the government’s order to cancel all indoor social gatherings. This decision has led to the cancellation of numerous events and activities scheduled for January and February, including programs related to Hara February.
Kuwait also urged citizens to leave several European countries, including the United Kingdom, France and Germany, due to the surge in cases of Omicron variants. In a series of statements last week, the state warned Kuwaitians to avoid traveling to these countries. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that in general, “travel should be delayed”, especially to France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain and Italy, and Turkey, Cyprus and Morocco should be added to the list later.

https://www.kuwaittimes.com/academics-urge-authorities-to-keep-in-person-classes/ Scholars urge authorities to continue face-to-face lessons

Back to top button