SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — The 2023 San Francisco Delight Parade and Celebration returns to the town this weekend. The annual occasion will happen June 24 and 25 with this 12 months’s theme being “Trying Again and Shifting Ahead.”
This 12 months’s celebration options musical headliners Hayley Kiyoko and Princess Nokia. Different performers set to look on the two-day pageant which takes place at San Francisco Civic Middle embrace Shaun Ross, Vincint, Drag Story Hour and Kelechi. Not too long ago topped SF Drag Laureate D’Arcy Drollinger will host.
SF Delight Parade schedule, route
The annual Delight Parade might be on Sunday, June 24. The parade begins at 10:30 a.m. and can head down Market Avenue from the Embarcadero to the Celebration at Civic Middle, round eighth. There are over 200 contingents set to take part within the parade and it may go on for over three hours, in line with SF Delight.
There will even be road closures in impact across the parade and celebration. Closures will start taking impact Thursday with some lasting by way of Monday morning.
SF Delight road closures
The next is an entire listing of road closures for this 12 months’s SF Delight Parade:
Thursday June 22:
- Fulton between Hyde and Larkin — All day
- Grove between Polk and Larkin — All day
- Polk between McAllister and Grove — 7 p.m. – 11:59 p.m.
- Larkin between McAllister and Market — 7 p.m. – 11:59 p.m.
Friday June 23:
- Grove from Van Ness to Hyde — 9 a.m. Friday – 6 a.m. Monday
- Continuum Approach from Golden Gate to finish — 8 p.m. Friday – 6 a.m. Monday
- McAllister from Van Ness to Leavenworth — 8 p.m. Friday – 6 a.m. Monday
- Hyde from Turk to McAllister — 8 p.m. Friday – 6 a.m. Monday
- Elm from Van Ness to Polk — 8 p.m. Friday – 6 a.m. Monday
Saturday June 24:
- Heron from eighth to Berwick — 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Civic Middle Plaza – All Day
- United Nations Plaza – All Day
Sunday June 25:
- Leavenworth from McAllister to Market – 12:01 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sutter from Sansome to Market – 12:01 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sansome from Sutter to Bush – 12:01 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Market from eighth to ninth – 6 a.m. – 5 p.m.
There are a number of public transportation choices if you’re headed to this 12 months’s Delight Parade and Celebration. The Civic Middle BART Station is only one block from the middle of the celebrations and BART might be working longer trains this weekend to accommodate Delight crowds.