With few hours of oxygen left within the lacking Titan submersible, rescue efforts proceed of the 5 passengers who’ve been trapped inside because it submerged Sunday morning. Right here’s a close-up take a look at the Titan:
- Pilot: The sub is steered utilizing a modified online game controller that prices about $40.
- Hull: Is 5 inches thick manufactured from carbon fiber, permitting it to face up to excessive pressures on the wreck of the Titanic.
- Electrical thrusters: Two horizontal and two vertical thrusters enable it to journey at speeds of as much as 3.45 mph.
- Weights: Enable the Titan to sink 2.4 miles beneath sea degree.
- Rest room: Is situated on the entrance separated from the remainder of the crew by a skinny curtain.
- Viewport: Is 21 inches of thick glass.
- Titanium cap: Is bolted on the hull earlier than the expedition, sealing the passengers inside till they return to the floor.
Obtain a pdf copy of the graphic.
Supply: Information sources