Trade between Mexico and the US in July hit a record $449 billion
From January to July this year, total trade between Mexico and the United States reached $449.8 billion, reaching a new historic record for bilateral trade.
Mexico is the United States’ second largest trading partner, according to Census Bureau data.
The data represents a 19.8% increase compared to the same period last year, when total transaction value was reported at $375.5 billion. That year, U.S. government statistics ranked Mexico as the first commercial partner of the United States.
“We start with the good news: Mexico will remain the second most important trading partner of the United States from January to July 2022,” Economy Secretary Tatiana Cloutier tweeted. emphasized.
In July alone, bilateral trade totaled $65.1 billion, the largest amount since the start of the statistical series, representing a 17.4% growth compared to July of the previous year. Total transaction value in July 2021 was $55.5 billion.
As for Mexico-U.S. relations, this week the consultation process between Mexico, the U.S. and Canada could continue beyond the official 75 days, subject to progress, and could be extended as agreed by the parties. Something has been announced. the chief explained.
“Sometimes we just try to figure things out or magnify things with a lens so we don’t put things in the perspective they should be put in and we say let’s see what happens,” he says of the protection. Please refer to Chapter 31 of the T-MEC on Settlement of Disputes to resolve the four disagreements between countries in the last two years.
SUBSCRIBE HERE Receive newsletters and Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive PVDN content, and enjoy this site with less ads for just $25 a year! (0.06 cents per day)
Hot topics on PVDN
- Hurricane Cay Reaches Category 2, Heads To Baja California The National Weather Service reported that Cay intensified into a Category 2 hurricane early this September 7. Because the orbit is parallel to the Baja California peninsula, the agency predicted that rains will continue to intensify in the region. They urged the public to take extreme precautions.
- Puerto Vallarta on alert for passing Hurricane Cay National Civil Protection has reported that Hurricane Cay (Category 1) is located southwest of the Jalisco coast. The system’s cloud belts cause torrential rains, strong gusts, and high waves on the coasts of the country’s western states. According to the agency, the maximum wind speed of the cyclone is 130 …
- Tropical Storm Cay Already Causes Damage in Puerto Vallarta The rains caused by Tropical Storm Cay have already left Puerto Vallarta with injuries, water-dragged vehicles and flooding attended by municipal firefighters. Civil Protection in Puerto Vallarta reported that a person suffered minor injuries after a falling fence…
- Tropical Storm Cay Alert Status and Trajectory: Becomes Category 2 Hurricane According to the National Meteorological System (SMN) weather forecast, by 04:00 am, Tropical Storm Kay is located 380 km from Manzanillo, Colima, 350 km southwest of Punta San Telmo, Michoacán, moving WNW at 24:00. did. km/h in gusts up to 110 km/h. The agency announced early on…
- Hurricane Cay Live Update PVDN has finished its live update on Hurricane Cay in Puerto Vallarta. You can continue to track information about the storm here as it approaches Baja California. Tuesday Sept 6 6:00 AM CDT Center of Hurricane Cay Category 1 to southwest of Jalisco coast. located. A band of clouds in the system will cause a punctual torrential downpour…
https://www.vallartadaily.com/trade-between-mexico-and-the-us-in-july-reaches-a-record-of-449-billion-dollars/ Trade between Mexico and the US in July hit a record $449 billion