Tropical Storm Fifteen-E will turn into Tropical Storm Newton over the Pacific on Wednesday, Sept. 21, bringing rain to some states in Mexico, the National Water Commission’s National Meteorological Service (SMN) reported. .
At 8:30 pm, Newton was located approximately 280 kilometers southwest of Manzanillo, Colima, and 335 kilometers south of Cabo Corrientes, Jalisco, displaying maximum sustained winds of 75 kilometers per hour, gusts of 95 kilometers per hour, and moving west-northwest. did. At 20 kilometers per hour, the agency said.
That cloud belt, combined with the low pressure channel in the western part of the country, causes very heavy rains in Colima, Jalisco, Michoacán and Nayarit, with winds of gusts of 60 km/h and waves of 1-2 meters. . The height of the coasts of these states.
SMN urged residents to follow directions from state, local government and civil protection authorities as rainfall can cause landslides, flooding of rivers and streams, and flooding and flooding in low-lying areas.
On Thursday, September 22, a second low-pressure system formed southeast of the Republic of Mexico, combining with monsoon valleys stretching along the South Pacific coast to bring in moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea. , producing showers and heavy rains in the eastern, southern and southeastern entities of the country, officials reported.
According to SMN, Newton will have the following impacts this Thursday:
- local heavy rain: Chiapas.
- Heavy rain with very heavy downpours: Jalisco, Colima, Michoacan, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Veracruz, Tabasco.
- Possible showers in placesSouthern California, Sinaloa, Nayarit, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosi, Hidalgo, Puebla, Campeche, Yucatan.
- shower interval: Sonora, Queretaro, Mexico State, Mexico City, Morelos, Quintana Roo.
- isolated shower: Lower California, Chihuahua, Durango, New Leon, Guanajuato, Tlaxcala.
- Winds with gusts of 50-60 km/h : Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo Leon, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosi, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Guanajuato.
SUBSCRIBE HERE Receive newsletters, access exclusive content, and read news ad-free.
PVDN Trending News
- Another quake rocks Puerto Vallarta, second quake this week A magnitude 6.9 earthquake struck Colecoman, Michoacán at 1:16 am and was felt in Puerto Vallarta. Initial reports indicate a strong awareness of the Telluric movement throughout the states of Michoacan, Jalisco and Morelos. The Jalisco government said on social networks, “There have been no damages or injuries after tonight’s earthquake…
- Live update: New aftershock of 6.9 felt in Puerto Vallarta early in the morning RECENT UPDATE: 2:20 AM LOCAL TIME, SEPTEMBER 22, 2020 At 1:16 AM local time on Thursday, September 22nd, Puerto Vallarta was hit again by a magnitude 6.9 aftershock. Read more again on September 19th. A new 7.7-magnitude quake centered in Colecomán, Michoacán was recorded this Monday and felt in several parts of Mexico. …
- A 7.4 quake shook Puerto Vallarta in the state of Michoacan.Tsunami warning issued UPDATE: JALISCO Tsunami Warning Issued If you’re a subscriber, please log into your dashboard to get the latest earthquake information. On the dashboard you can also see photos and videos of the damage recorded in the Puerto Vallarta area. If you are not a subscriber, you…
- Puerto Vallarta gets 10 earthquakes every day, but you don’t feel them.big things are inevitable After a 7.7-magnitude quake was recorded Monday afternoon at its epicenter in Coalcoman, Michoacan, it cannot be ruled out that another quake of the same magnitude could occur within the next few months. The above was pointed out by Dr. Araceli Zamora Camacho, Research Professor in the Department of Precision Sciences…
- Spider-Man actor Andrew Garfield spotted vacationing in Puerto Vallarta Andrew Garfield went viral on Tuesday afternoon after his fans in Mexico saw him enjoying the waves on the beach in Puerto Vallarta with his surfboard.The American actor surfed yesterday was seen, and according to some fan accounts, he decided to come to Jalisco for the sole purpose of vacationing and disconnecting from him…
https://www.vallartadaily.com/tropical-storm-newton-forms-in-manzanillo-colima-heavy-rains-in-jalisco-expected/ Tropical Storm Newton hits Manzanillo, Colima.Heavy rain expected in Jalisco