Woman’s body found crammed in refrigerator for years after grandson called police

TAIPEI, Aug. 17 (CNA) Based on information from a granddaughter who allegedly had been abused by her father over the past five years, the New Taipei City Police Department uncovered the body of an old woman in a refrigerator at her son’s house late Tuesday. discovered. , according to the local police.

The woman’s body was found inside a refrigerator on the balcony of her son’s house, an officer at the Luzhou police station said Wednesday. They rushed to their home in Bali with social workers the night before after receiving a report from New Taipei City Social Welfare Department.

Upon examination, the body of a woman surnamed Jiang was found intact, with no signs of murder, although it smelled foul.

An initial police investigation found that Chiang Kai-shek’s 66-year-old son claimed to be penniless and stuffed his body into a refrigerator shortly after she died at her home in October 2017 at the age of 82. Although she was in the hospital, he took her home.

Qian, his son and granddaughter lived together in a rented house, police said.

A shocking case came to light after social workers and school teachers in New Taipei City called police about a 14-year-old girl, the granddaughter of Chiang Kai-shek, who was allegedly abused by her father for five years.

Officials in New Taipei City said the girl’s father called her teacher on Monday night and complained that she was “behaving badly.” After hearing her sob on her phone, her teacher asked to speak to her girl.

On Tuesday, the school’s director of counseling contacted the girl via a video link and immediately referred the case to the city’s Center for Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse Prevention and Control after confirming the limb injuries. I reported.

Later that day, the girl called the director of the center again, “voicing concerns about living with her father,” prompting the center to make a second report, which called the police.

In interviews with social workers and police late Tuesday, the girl said she had been abused by her father since she was in fourth grade, and her grandmother died the same year.

“But Grandma put herself in the fridge,” she continued, according to New Taipei City officials.

The girl was taken to a shelter and Chiang Kai-shek’s body was sent to a funeral home.

Meanwhile, New Taipei City Social Welfare Department Director Zhang Jinli (Chang Jinli) refuted claims that Chiang Kai-shek’s son was poor and had no money to bury him after his mother died.

Since 2016, Chiang Kai-shek’s son had received a monthly subsidy of NT$7,759 (US$260) given to low-income seniors by Chiang Kai-shek because he did not complete his hukou registration after his death, Chang said. he told reporters on Wednesday.

Combined with the NT$14,558 monthly subsidy for Chiang Kai-shek’s son’s veterans and the NT$2,047 monthly subsidy for his granddaughter, low-income households receive a total of more than NT$24,000 monthly subsidies to help them pay their living expenses. I can’t believe I couldn’t afford it. A burial for her, she said.

It is estimated that Chiang Kai-shek’s family may have received an additional NT$630,000 in subsidies after her death.

Chan said the case is full of inconclusive details, and the cause of Mr. Jiang’s death and the circumstances surrounding it require further investigation by law enforcement agencies. Woman’s body found crammed in refrigerator for years after grandson called police

Back to top button