This story has been archived. For the most recent on Hurricane Idalia’s path, click on right here.
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Idalia is now anticipated to make landfall within the Huge Bend space of Florida as an “extraordinarily harmful” Class 4 hurricane, in response to the Nationwide Hurricane Middle.
As of the 11 p.m. replace, the Nationwide Hurricane Middle mentioned Idalia is shifting north at round 18 mph. The storm’s wind speeds have elevated to 110 mph.
The storm is at present positioned 120 miles southwest of Cedar Key, in response to the Nationwide Hurricane Middle.
“There may be the potential for harmful life-threatening winds the place the core of Idalia strikes onshore within the Huge Bend area of Florida, with hurricane situations anticipated elsewhere in parts of the Hurricane Warning space alongside the Florida Gulf Coast,” the Nationwide Hurricane Middle mentioned.
Components of Florida’s Huge Bend can see storm surge between 12 and 16 toes. Residents in coastal areas ought to hearken to native officers.
Some areas north of Tampa Bay anticipated to see 6 to 11 toes of storm surge, with 4 to six toes within the Tampa Bay space and three to five toes south of Tampa Bay.
The storm surge menace is elevated due to higher-than-normal excessive tides attributable to Wednesday’s Tremendous Moon.
The Nationwide Hurricane Middle mentioned residents in these areas needs to be ready for an extended interval of energy outages.
A Storm Surge Warning is in impact for:
- Englewood northward to Indian Move, together with Tampa Bay
A Hurricane Warning is in impact for:
- Center of Longboat Key northward to Indian Move, together with Tampa Bay
A Tropical Storm Warning is in impact for:
- Dry Tortugas Florida
- Chokoloskee northward to the Center of Longboat Key
- West of Indian Move to Mexico Seashore
- Sebastian Inlet Florida to Surf Metropolis North Carolina
A Storm Surge Watch is in impact for:
- Bonita Seashore northward to Englewood, together with Charlotte Harbour
- Mouth of the St. Mary’s River to South Santee River South Carolina
- Beaufort Inlet to Drum Inlet North Carolina
- Neuse and Pamlico Rivers North Carolina
A Hurricane Watch is in impact for:
- Mouth of the St. Mary’s River to Edisto Seashore South Carolina
A Tropical Storm Watch is in impact for:
- Decrease Florida Keys west of the west finish of the Seven Mile Bridge
- North of Surf Metropolis North Carolina to the North Carolina/Virginia
- Pamlico and Albemarle Sounds
The worst climate will probably be between Tuesday night time and Wednesday afternoon.
A lot of the tornados will occur Tuesday night time, whereas the largest storm surge for the Tampa Bay space will occur Wednesday morning.
Watch WFLA Now’s 24/7 protection to remain up-to-date on Idalia. Get the most recent on closings and climate situations in your space on our Monitoring the Tropics web page.